smooth carbon spars

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: smooth carbon spars
From: Aikisu@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 17:51:59 EDT
To anyone,

Personally I didn't like the rough finish on the spars, so I experimented by
adding more  epoxy to the spin pole and wrapped it in peel ply. What I got was
a rougher and heavier spin pole. At the Desoto regatta Bram had achieved the
smooth finish on his spars.So I asked him. Now have a smooth spinpole thanks
to my orbital sander. Here's where I need some suggestion. Do I Epifane clear
coat it, leave it alone or do the peel ply thing then add a final coat.

Thanks
Ken (028)