Skiff Chat, thanks to all

To: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Skiff Chat, thanks to all
From: "Greg Ryan" <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 11:34:31 -0400
Thanks to Bram and all those who tuned in to the first skiff chat Wednesday
afternoon (5pm EDT,  2pm PDT, 4pm central and 3pm mountain time). Welcome to Al
Pritchard who joined the discussion and is looking for a space in NJ to start
building.

There were some initial Mac difficulties and problems finding the right browser
(Netscape in a couple of cases) to get the best out of the chat page. It seems
to be working best for small focused discussion groups. Anyone can open a
discussion room. Public or private. I think we all got dumped off at the end of
the discussion because the database log buffer was full. (logging is off now,
the nature of chat is ephemeral anyhow!). Im working on how to make this a more
valuable resource.

I think regular short gatherings might help focus the serious discussions
especially on how to grow the class. Finally a special thanks to the
longserving class members who joined in, - lease keep up your enthusiasm,
effort and the interest in the discussions, as it easy for new or prospective
class members to see that something is happening in the class if there is some
focus they can rely on, join in, get info and support. A series of  Forums of
interest to Swifts have been provided at NYCskiffs.org for posting you thoughts
as well. If there is demand, these forums can echo the catzooks server. Let me
know what you think about that. webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Finally, "Very Soon" we will be posting an interactive map of the Swift Solo
fleet to make it easier for people to enter the class by searching out local
support. Mr. Dally is updating the list as we speak! Email addresses will not
be posted but if you are registered at the NYCSkiffs SkiffForum then it will be
possible for interested people to contact you via PM through the forum. No spam
that way.

Thanks and see ya online
Greg
SwiftSolo --Rose