Re: an amendment to the class rules

To: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: an amendment to the class rules
From: "Steve Nichols" <nic173@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 08:52:33 +1000

My opinions about this issue from where I sail in Queensland, Australia.

Nearly all our sailing locations are shallow water which means that the long
blades
would be unusable at many regatta sites here.

This would mean that to be competitive Swift sailors here would need 2 sets
of blades -
deep water and shallow water. I just see that this would be an unnecessary
cost obstacle to future
class development here and other locations that have similar issues.

At the end of the day if I need to get different blades for different
locations I will but at this early stage
of class development I think we should try to keep things simple and
affordable. The 16ft skiff guys
here have to carry 2 different rigs because they are allowed to use the rig
that suits on the day. It makes
them go faster but doesn?t make the class very attractive to enter due to
cost and inconvenience issues.

Regards,

Steve Nichols