solo sailing suggestions

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: solo sailing suggestions
From: Romeisle@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 17:19:17 EDT
Dear Swift Solo newbie sailors,  I forgot to add to my post a  couple of
suggestions to make it a lot easier to get up to speed. First and  foremost ,
if
you sail in shallow water , 15 ft or less , in order to keep  your mast out of
the corral/ mud/ or rocks , do add two 6 ft sections of  NOODLES, those
flourecent macaroni looking floats that kids use on the  beach , to your cap
shrouds above the the spreaders to keep this beast  from  the turtle position ,
it
makes it a lot easier to right , and it  saves on wear and tears on your mast
and sail. Secound  if you have abit of  spare change I suggest that you save
that beautifull , alumashield/ kevlar main  that you bought from Bram , in its
bag, and goto a local sailmaker and have them  make you a Pentex/ dacron , pin
head,  FLAT main with little or no roach,  you will not believe the difference
this makes , this beasts are so  overpowered with the  Banks/ Chineese  main,
with it deep draft  aloft   that makes italmost impossible to to depower ,
and enjoy the  experience during the STEEP learning curve, and after a couple
of
months   after you get upto speed and used to the boat you can always ease
into the race  main , and it will be fresh for your first meet. I had one made
locally for $  400 us . Third and utmost , please make sure you are an
excellent  swimer, to quote  my very good friend, designer and world campion in
 many
, many  classes Mr Bill Roberts , " Pepe,  YOU WILL BE IN THE  WATER ALOT" .
These are are only my suggestions from my personall  experiences , and I
repeat this Beast is by no means" EASY TO SAIL". But with a  little
persevearance
and a large bottle of  Motrim/Percodan you will get to  the fun part, and that
is a BLAST.   Pepe SOLOCOCOLOCO  USA  55