Re: Video

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Video
From: Bill Green <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 20:57:15 -0600

On Jul 11, 2005, at 8:50 PM, Steve Nichols wrote:

<x-tad-bigger>After the bear away following the gybe the helm heads up for power but applies too much rudder and the skiff starts to heel to leeward and slow. As a result he has to bear away again to regain balance.
</x-tad-bigger>

I think the timing was off all the way around. I'll give him the benefit of doubt -- he must have thought either a lull was coming or the crew was getting out faster. However the crew member closest to the driver should have given him a swift kick in the head for powering up the boat before the crew was on the wire. No one likes to climb uphill to get out.

I guess I think everything he did was basically right, he just did it at the wrong time. Had he done the same thing, but delayed everything that happened after the boom crossed the boat it would have been fine. Oh, and I think the "S" part of the jibe was not strong enough.

Bill Green