I can do this!

To: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: I can do this!
From: "Steve & Jacqui" <nic173@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 21:44:50 +1000
I've just come upstairs from my workshop (the garage) and I am feeling pretty
happy!

I have spent the last few days doing the strongback and making the inserts to
square up the templates. Anyway tonight I finished the inserts and roughly
(without using screws) put them between the templates. With them all inserted
the margin of difference at the aft end of the strongback was less than 1/16" !
 In addition I measured the whole assembly from the front face of station 1 to
to the end of the strongback before station 14 is added and it measures 13'
exactly. I finally feel totally confident I can complete this project to a high
standard.
My wife and I are leaving for Europe in 10 days for three weeks so the
stripping of the hull has to wait until I get back.
The launch date of the first Aussie Swift is getting closer!!

Cheers,

Steve

nb A little tip I have found good for the outer strongbacks. If you have cut
the templates just inside the lines as I did and the strongback won't slide in
easily, do not worry about rasping the templates but slice another mill or so
from the strongback by pushing it through the table saw. It is faster and more
accurate.