Re: backing for 6/32

To: "Warren Stevens" <warren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,<swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: backing for 6/32
From: "Mark White" <Mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 12:26:22 -0600
Warren I found hardware at www.mcfeelys.com. Still on the top of the deck,
haven't gotten to where you are yet.

From: "Warren Stevens" <warren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, October 01, 2005 11:34 AM
Subject: backing for 6/32

Hi all - a couple questions for you.

1) for through-bolts which need backing blocks and which are 6/32,
what are you using for the nut on the inside of the hull?  I can't
find 6/32 tee-nuts... any hints?  I'm thinking of the block in the
centre of the deck 4" from the transom, and the double blocks the
trapeze shockcord goes through mounted immediately in front of the
transom bar.

2) For things which are just screwed into the deck (no backing block),
what length screw are you using?  I can't seem to find 1/4" or 3/8"
stainless wood screws, and it doesn't seem right to put a backing
block on for these.  Here, I'm thinking of the fairleads for the
trapeze shockcords just outside the toe rail, and the inspection
ports.

Also - whoever suggested using a soldering iron to remove bonded in
bolts - thanks.  You saved my bacon. ;-)

Warren