wetsuits etc.

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: wetsuits etc.
From: Michael Jocelyn <mikejocelyn@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 03:05:14 -0800

Begin forwarded message:

From: Michael Jocelyn <mikejocelyn@xxxxxxx>
Date: 11 November 2005 02:20:47 GMT-08:00
To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx

>From Mike jocelyn Regarding the wetsuit I have used a Henderson 3 mm full suit for the last 3 seasons. I did find it a little warm on the rare occasion in the summer in light airs. But it is not very durable suit and has tended to tear and have just now purchased a Bare 3/2 suit for the summer season which is both more durable and cooler. However I am trying different heavier suits for the cooler waters especially around Port Townsend and here in Vancouver during the spring and fall My choice I think will be an O.Neil triathelon called a FUEL FULL 5/4/3/2 Style #2065. Regarding knee and shin pads I have never used them . My harness is made by
Hobie with a full seat ,shoulder straps and a spreader or crossbar and an adjustable pad for the lower back .I do indeed wear it for up to 5/6 hours at a time and have found it extremely comfortable and now dont even know I have it on.There are two different types of neoprene one which is windproof the other not. The windproof ones to tend to tear more often than the non windproof .However the windproof one is a lot warmer and also dries very quickly as opposed to the non windproof.I also have a drysuit but do not like the bulk so I do not wear it much at all.Whereas Bram swears by his . So you do have lots of choices. A warning do not get a suit with anything higher than3 mm in the arms and legs as these tend to tire your muscles very quickly as it is harder for your muscles to expand the heavier thickness.If you have a thinner suit and you need more warmth I use a very thin full length poly fleece under the suit and it works wonders. Hope this is helpful. Mike CAN 001 PS Hope to see you all in Florida. Just you wait ,sailing the Swift is going to be the best time sailing youll ever have. M