Re: Free publicity

To: "Rob DesMarais, D.C." <drrld@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Free publicity
From: Robert Harper <rharper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 21:30:47 -0700
Cc: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
When did they start taking digital photo's? I looked into it when I designed and built a three hole kayak. They only accepted slides then.

Rob DesMarais, D.C. wrote:
Jamestown Distributors-boat building supplies (www.jamestowndistributors.com <http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/>) out of R.I. promotes this site: http://www.boatbuilding.net <http://www.boatbuilding.net/> . JD sends out weekly e-mail specials and usually has a building tip which sends you over to boatbuilding .net. It would be a good place to post info on the Swift Solo – building forum.

Also, no Launches appeared in Wooden Boat for 2005. I would guess a large portion of the present builders saw the cover story of the Swift, I think we have enough boats launched to date to strategically have at least 3 to 5 Swifts per issue in 2006 if coordinated properly. Unless there is something that I don’t know, like everyone has submitted their launches but they refuse to post them? I think we could start backing up Bram’s statement of the fastest growing class… What say you Bram – You did say you have built 2 and have purchased 2- that would be 4 Swifts in the first 2006 issue. Any takers for the subsequent issues? They take digital photos as well.

Rob

-- Don't be good. Have lots of fun. Sail fast, live large, and love life. Robert Harper