Re: Aussie Swift taking shape

To: "Steve Nichols" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Aussie Swift taking shape
From: "Mark White" <Mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 07:42:40 -0700
Cc: "Swiftsolo" <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Steve and all who are sanding,

A little info on sandpaper, they are not all the same.
http://www.formica.com/publish/site/na/us/en/index/solidSurfacing/documents.
GnFParSys.0008.DownloadFile.File.tmp/Fab_Guide-7_Finishing.pdf  read page
115, the P grit paper is what you want to use for final finishing.  For
sanding the wood, sand with the wood grain, and use a good quality paper, it
will have less "large" grains mixed with the rest of the grains, and don't
use a lot of pressure while sanding.  Using too much pressure will cause the
sanding block to flex and not actually fair what you are sanding, it will
also wear out the sandpaper quicker, and cause the paper to clog quicker.
You can use a wire brush to slap the paper surface to keep it clean.  My
father always said "let the sandpaper do the work, not you", he managed a
body shop years ago.