cool tools for swiff sailors

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: cool tools for swiff sailors
From: Aikisu@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 16:11:40 EST
Hi All
Beginner's corner;
I launched on Nov. 17th and am moving slowly up the wind scale.aka less than
5kn. I find the swift very easy so far.I,ve been in the friggin cold water
quite a few times.She's quite tippy, lost my balance on the wire and pulled her
on top.Now I know why they feminise boats. Shes easy to right.but even harder
to get into.no sooner am I on her wing she's fliping me out.I haven't turtled
yet I can now stand and hook up with some grace.The lack of beaches with only
docks to land onto takes some getting used to given the swiftness of the tidal
flow and changing wind directions in the Alameda estuary.I need a motor for
the number of attempts at landing.The people watching on the docks must be
howling at my antics. I'll get over it.One day had a promissing 8 kn. of breeze
was so excited I pulled the jib halyard into the mast and then I pulled the
main halyard halfway up the mast twice. Mainsailed that day. That day was hard
was totally confused on the water.

Anyways you might be able to find me with a gps/vhf handheld locator i got
for xmas. The screen displays and marks waypoints and others swiff with the
same
handheld unit. Mytic Uniden. A great safety feature for when I venture
further out into the sfbay.

http://froogle.google.com/froogle_cluster?q=handheld+marine++gps+radio+bluenav
&pid=2099693203502179930&oid=6771019241356586031&btnG=Search+Froogle&oi=froogl
er&lmode=&addr=&scoring=p&hl=en
Happy holidays
Wave Dragon (028)
Ken