Re: spinnaker halyard

To: Mark White <mwhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Swiftsolo <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: spinnaker halyard
From: Steve Nichols <aussieswift@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 10:30:48 +1100 (EST)
I lay the spinnaker along the port side of the boat, retrieval line comes out
of the throat, underneath bottom of spinnaker to the outside of spinnaker
through first retrieval patch up on inside of spinnaker and then through last
retrieval patch I do 2 figure of 8s on top of each other to make certain
halyard doesn't pull through patch on the drop - there is a lot of pressure
there sometimes.

  Helpful hint another figure of 8 knot on the halyard 1 foot under the last
retrieval patch helps to get the spinnaker back into the throat that little but
faster and help stop your boat becoming a prawn trawler.

  Disclaimer This works on the 59er which has the same size kite so I presume
it is the same system on the Swift Solo

  Steve

Mark White <mwhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          How is the covered end of the spinnaker halyard finished?  How does
it attach to the retrieval patches?

  Sincerely,