Re: Tolerances attaching deck to hull

To: warren@xxxxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Tolerances attaching deck to hull
From: WFS03@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 12:20:28 EDT
Warren,
I found that a Canon Digital Camera and USB cable connected to my computer
with their ZoomBrowser software was the best for diagnosing the fit.  The
software and the cable allow you place the camera in the hull and lower the
deck.
 A USB cable extension allows you to snap the picture with the  computer when
the deck is lowered and clamped down.  Run the cable out the  access port
hole.  Use blocks of wood positioned to support the camera in  various
positions
to snap the shot needed.  Below you can see how it points  out where the
contact points misfit.  The top photo is the starboard  side of station six
where
it contacts the gunwale.  You can see a  backing plate for the rib track and
cutout in the top of station six.   The second picture is lower down on station
six starboard side that showed  me where more work was needed to get the fit
right.  The third picture is  of the aft starboard end of the CB trunk that
shows that additional trimming was  needed.  The bottom picture shows how the
forward soldiers needed trimming  to get the bow down on the hull s-glass
patches
evenly.

Good luck with the process.  Use the Pro-Set and X-300 gun from  Gougeon
Bros., as the flanges do a great job of tying it all together once you  have
the
fit right.

Bill Scheumann
USA020 and USA040