Updated build photos

To: Swiftsolo <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Updated build photos
From: Al Pritchard <al.pritchard@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 11:05:15 -0400
About a week, or so ago someone wanted a better look at the chine strips for my boat. So Iv finally got them up, you can find them at:

http://flickr.com/photos/loft42/

Also, some images of fitting the solid bow.

To provide a bit of background, my strips are a bit wider than most, at just over 30.17mm (1-3/16 inch). And because of this the way Iv striped the bottom of the hull is a bit different than what Bramo suggested in the build instructions. I only used one chine strip on the bottom of the hull. Then ran the rest of the strips straight, starting at the center and working toward the chin. The nice part of strippign this way was it only required 2 strips to close the hole. The down side, to the wide strip, is that it takes a bit of work to get the strip to conform to the shape of the hull. I had to use screws to hold the strip at each station.

But I have had no splitting, or popping, of the chine strips since removing the screws to fare the hull. So I can only assume that all is well.

Thats all for now, let me know if anyone has problems finding the photos at http://flickr.com/photos/loft42/

And to all going to Fla, you luckey *&@#@#. Have fun in the sun.

/Al