Swift Solo NA Regatta for 2007

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx, WFS03@xxxxxxx, mwhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Swift Solo NA Regatta for 2007
From: WFS03@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 19:50:39 EDT
Cc: gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx, rharper@xxxxxxxxxxxx

All Class Members,
The International Swift Solo Class Association Regatta Committee is in  the
process of selecting an appropriate venue for the 2007 Swift Solo  NA
Championship and Clinics.  The Committee is entertaining  suggestions for sites
within
the continental US or Canada for the regatta to  occur within the May to
August 2007 period.  Due to the time and  effort to complete the planning and
coordination of the event, we are asking for  formal proposals to be submitted
between now and October 31, 2006.  The  desired site will have good wind
conditions for beginners in the 5 - 15  knot range, nearby camping for
attendees and
their families, convenient beach  access for boat storage, launching and
clinics, and local support for the  race activities.  The committee is looking
for a
site that will  be within a few days driving distance to as many members of
the class  as possible.  Your suggestion, fleshed out with as many details,
comments, links and pictures as possible, should be submitted as soon as
possible to allow us time to give it proper consideration.  The  proposals will
be
posted and after a short forum discussion class members will  be asked to vote
to choose the most appropriate venue.

Please reply directly to _wfs03@xxxxxxxx (mailto:wfs03@xxxxxxx)  or
_mwhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:mwhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)  to avoid overloading  the
Swift
Solo List server.  Thank you.

Regatta Committee
Bill Scheumann, _wfs03@xxxxxxxx (mailto:wfs03@xxxxxxx)
Mark White, _mwhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:mwhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)

cc:  Greg Ryan, President
       Robert Harper, Vice  President

Below is the draft of an email developed by the committee to be sent to the
class for regatta venue suggestions.  Please review it and offer any
suggestions for improvement.  Thanks.

Bill Scheumann and gang

In a message dated 9/20/06 9:07:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[...]

(end of message)