Re: layup schedule for spreaders

To: warren@xxxxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: layup schedule for spreaders
From: WFS03@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 00:17:23 EDT
Warren,
The Rigging Manual Volume 2, page 9, details the layup when using a cedar
form to shape the spreaders.  I used the same layup with the NYC Skiffs foam
spreader cores, less the unneeded internal mylar and peel ply and wrapped the
outside in peel ply, mylar and the foam blank casings.  I placed the wrapped
assembly on a flat surface with weight applied on top.  This created a nice
tight
trailing edge.  Once the spreaders cured, I cut them to length, installed the
bushings at the tips and fabricated a carbon collar for mounting the assembly
with a 7 degree rake upward.  For bonding the spreaders to the collar, I shaped
the ends with a 2" drum sander and removed the foam from several inches of
the inside to fill with epoxy filler.  You might check with Bram for the new
recommended sweep measurements for mounting the spreaders to the mast.  Below
is
a picture of my spreader set-up.

Bill Scheumann
USA020 and USA040

In a message dated 10/1/2006 10:37:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
warren@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I was sure there was a post on this, but I can't find it.
>
> What are people using for the layup schedule for spreaders?
>
> Thanks
>  Warren

JPEG image

JPEG image