Two resignations to fill

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Two resignations to fill
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 18:38:29 EST

Over the past several months, both Darius and I have found it necessary  to
resign from the executive committee of our class for separate personal
reasons. Greg and Robert will soon begin the process of filling the vacated
spots on
the committee.  Please help  them with your suggestions.
Do understand that neither of us are withdrawing from Swift Solo  sailing.
In my case, little will change.  I will continue to provide builder support
and help fund class growth  with the proceeds from plan sales.  Research and
development will increase a bit with the help of the  Seattle fleet and several
additional  âhow toâ PDF's will be written to help builders who want to
build
absolutely  everything for their Swift.
It is an exciting time for me and for the class.  Al has developed a great
class website  that is still improving on a regular basis.  Robert and others
continue to be tireless  (and vocal) ambassadors for our class.  Kris
Hendersonâ
s shop is coming along  nicely on two more Swifts for our  Seattle fleet (will
have at least 6  in the water by spring).  Many more  new boats are about to
hit the water around the world.  Most of all, it has become apparent that  the
Swift Solo is an addiction for nearly everyone who sails one.  While this
creates a shortage of boats  for sale, it makes for a stable, long term,
membership with little  attrition.
I'm really proud to be part of this group of achievers that make up the
membership of our class.  Thanks for  your help and support.
I'll use the extra time to improve information availability to Swift
builders / sailors and to work hard on my personal fitness to ensure many more
years
of Swift sailing.