Glaser sails.

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Glaser sails.
From: Christian Rasmussen <Christian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 22:18:11 -0500
Hi All,

As some of you know I have been working with Jay Glaser of Glaser sails.
(www.glasersails.com) to make some swift sails.  The sails are based on
Jays successful I-14 design (Used on the top 3 boats at this summers I14
Worlds) And as you can see from the picture below they look a lot like
those.

The jib comes with a zipper luff, rather than clips. (taken from the I14
also) The main doesn't have a sleave like the Banks, and hence the need to extend the cunningham. I dont feel strongly I needed a sleave, but I
am sure Jay would add one if it is later found to be advantagous. Some of the main differences to the Banks are less luff curve and as you can see battens and panels are done differently. The long vertical panels helps extend the pull on the cunningham futher up along the luff more easily.

I am getting ready to rig another mast/boom and when done will be able to do some boat to boat comparison, but thought I would give an update since I actually have pictures to show.

More to come,

Christian

JPEG image