Re: Carbon/ Kevlar

To: "Daniel McGill" <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Carbon/ Kevlar
From: "Greg Ryan" <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 12:39:06 -0500
Hey Dan, NYCSkiffs has been buying up 100 yard rolls frokm Sweet and selling
them to the class at actual cost, no profit. Because we buy in 100 yard liots
we get first dibs on a new batch (there hasnt been one for a while) We dont
know how long we can afford to keep doing this now as the price is so volatile
but getting a group together and buy a batch is a great idea. The website you
gave doesnt specify if the carbon is both in the weft and the warp directions
(which I like) or  if the kevlar is K49, sposedly the highest modulus. But
people have been using the unidirectional and K39 versions of hybrid that has
been more available. I suggest if you buy a 100 yard roll make sure you get
paid up front by your partners, I have one class member still to payup after
sending him hybrid over 6 months ago. This persons unreasonable tardyness is
holding NYC Skiffs back from supporting the class!
Regards
Greg Ryan