RE: rudder blues

To: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: rudder blues
From: "telus" <rowr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 08:42:49 -0700
Having had the same experience as Mark some time ago, I feel his pain.

Perhaps one of the creative engineers out there can come up with a solution.
A few auto makers have a "shear pin" in their steering columns. If you brake
and hit the steering wheel hard, the steering column collapses. Perhaps we
could have something which is designed to fail under excessive loads, but
can be re-set on the water, such as a plastic gudgeon pin or similar.....

Roger

  _____