Re: News of Ken Bradon's health

To: BDally6107@xxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: News of Ken Bradon's health
From: "Robert Harper" <rharper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 06:14:32 -0600
Ken and I went to dinner a couple of times the at the first regatta and talked at length about his life and health. He was excited to get his boat finished and have a chance to get on the water. He was always there on the beach ready to help you in and out of the water.

Then next year Ken again came without a boat and I could tell that he was having more trouble with his health. It was sad to think that by then, chances to sail by himself had probably passed. Even still he was always there to help you in and out of the water, ready with a kind word when you were frustrated over a breakdown, and spreading his frienship.

It is very sad to hear that he has gotten to this point. No one deserves such a fate but least of all Ken. I missed his presence at this year's event.

I think that one of our first traveling trophies should be one in his honor for sportmanship at the regatta and events.

I'd like to add my best wishes and thoughts as I'm sure all who knew him would too. Such a tragedy to have this happen to someone so special.