Re: Its that time again.

To: "Robert Harper" <rharper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Its that time again.
From: swiftsolo <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 14:01:54 -0500
Cc: swiftsolo.catzooks.com <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=rYy3rC2GcIuvBkecznrzvpHWpvntCH9YH4awFLK9HR8=; b=p79ojSOjlmSHSp5r/S7o/y4NHdKaQ1A3W16VLeoxCB8XdQFF1odYpf+mlfP32H3qKrG061kVvqktNFg3vbx+ISG2x7/RkLCAyojyLmVTeM3ey6xvbkIejk4Xl1evWPfBXNBWnfKqtzy4dbo3JA0lU4nD3BNoffSdHduG4bYLa0M=
Fellow Swift sailors,

I will not be in Florida for the AGM, so I can't make my pitch in person, I
would like encourage the  class to move toward getting
a PY number and  join the organizations which are needed for that.

Since the class is very wide spread outside the Northwest area of the US.
Most Swift owners are in the situation that
the the only regattas they can attend are  "open class" regattas.  Due to
there always being a few anal sailors (of other classes of course)
showing up, the RC committees are increasingly verifying that attending
boats are listed with a PY number. This is so that they are covered
in case someone protest your ratings. Also to place you in a start with
similar boats.  It's not that they don't want you to come, really the more
boats they get the better for them. But they do have a responsibility to
cover them self  for potential protests.

Getting a PY number will not just be for the enjoyment of existing swift
sailors, but it will also help getting the swift more exposure to
other sailors and potentially help grow the class.

Thanks,

Christian