A technical note to all Swift builders

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: A technical note to all Swift builders
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 07:42:51 EDT
I discovered a few days ago that the white 2 part linear poly urethane on
the bottom of my boat had blistered substantially where the boat sits on the
dock/launching cradle.   I have seen this before on 49er gel  coat.  In sanding
and refinishing the bottom it has become clear to me that  my poly Swift
bottom is not nearly as durable as the epoxy/graphite  bottoms on my previous 2
swifts.

I would recommend that those looking for color go ahead and use poly above
the chine but stick with epoxy/graphite below.  My guess is that
epoxy/graphite is perhaps 2 to 3 times as scratch resistant.

Home.