Re: US and Canadian Swift Sailors

To: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: US and Canadian Swift Sailors
From: Bill Strosberg <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 08:11:37 -0400
Cc: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Time for my annual request!

SwiftSolo folks:

Please accept this friendly invitation to attend the Ottawa Skiff Grand Prix on the weekend of June 7-8.

We are going to have a single handed skiff start that should number above 15 boats, including some of the top Development Canoe sailors in the world. Boats already confirmed include:

5-6+ Development and International Canoes (Steve Clarke & the East Coast Gang)
5+ Contenders (using this as a pre-worlds in Kingston, ON tune up event)
Locally designed single handed skiffs (Falco, Quetzal etc.)
29er-X
Wednesday's Child (Paul Beiker-designed single handed skiff - basically a Beiker 5 I-14 for one!)
Stealth-GP - masthead spinnaker version of Stealth

I've invited the Musto Skiff folks via an email to Ron Radko as well.

There are a whole bunch of folks here that have wanted to see and touch the SwiftSolo for years. We'd really appreciate it if we could get some class representatives up for this year's event. I'd be very surprised if attendance did not generate some new class member/builders for you.

I promise a good time for all!

--
Bill Strosberg (who sadly missed the SwiftSolo North Americans in Ft. DeSoto)