getting started on the Boat

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: getting started on the Boat
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 22:28:40 EDT
Warren thanks for setting up the list and getting it going.  To have this
many signed up in such a short time is great.

Just a note to those getting their plans: While nearly everything is covered
in the manual, there is a separate sheet on the outside of the main roll of
station templates marked "bow profile" that is an add on.  You should glue this
on some particle board (just like the station patterns) to use later to check
your final bow profile.  Don't get concerned while laying the strips on the
hull because the shape will be automatically determined at that early stage and
trying to use the profile template will only make the process confusing.  The
final shape is determined by how you cut the bow block and has a lot of
latitude.  You will use this profile template just prior to glassing and the
final
bow curve below the waterline is best left to filler after glassing (it's a
small amount and covered with epoxy/graphite powder).

If you have any questions about this please ask them on this list so the
answer can be shared with everyone.

Please have the courage to ask questions.  It will help me make the third
edition of the manual better yet and will help everyone else as well.

Don't hesitate to call me when you need immediate help as I'm trying to stay
available sine we have so many starting within a two month period.

Jane and I will be gone on vacation for four days from August 5th through the
8th.

Thanks for all the help.

Bram

PS  real mast testing will continue when I get back and will be completed by
September 1.  We will have the measurement rules for the mast settled at that
time and post all Measurement rules at that time.