mast and boom

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: mast and boom
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 16:55:49 EST
Great news,

Mast number 4 is the one.  As most of you are aware, Wes and Tony at Forte
have been working with me to get the mast right.  Getting the bend to match the
luff curve of the mainsails we use is a bit tricky.  The latest edition bends
right and the mainsail looks great with it.  The new boom is excellent as well
as being light and less expensive.  This news is probably more exciting to me
than you.  It's been a bit time consuming to get this done.

The mast sells for $810 including mast track installed and the ferrell
installed (allows you to break it down to meet the rules).  The carbon boom is
$250.
 In both cases you will have to rig them.  I hope to have someone in our
class make the carbon spreaders, carbon vang parts, and mast base and rig both
the
mast and boom with the lightest and best stuff for around $2300 for the pair
(PBO primary, lower shrouds and forestay, Lightning rope halyards and caps).
I will write a manual for those who want to do their own.  If not, I would be
willing do them as long as I can do at least six at a time.

I'll be posting a link to Forte on the website soon.  Thanks for your
patience.

PS Forte will be making us a spinnaker pole to try soon as well.