sail testing

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: sail testing
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 01:10:20 EST
The weather gods have been smiling on me.  Today was the perfect medium air
day to test the new sails from Banks-- 8 to 16 knots.  Tomorrow is supposed to
be light air which is the other condition needed to complete the testing. Dale
has outdone himself as these things could not be better.  We have a minor
batten stiffness issue on the second batten of the main but that will be
softened
and tried tomorrow (it doesn't want to invert in light wind).  The quality is
head and shoulders above anything I've seen on any skiff.  I hate to give
them back to him for shipping to Asia for pricing.  The new spinnaker has a
little issue with the leech that we are still working on.  We are close to
having
this testing done and are very fortunate to have had Dale and Banks Sails
working with us.  This long process has required a lot of his time and patience
over a two year period.  Should have pricing and be ready to order the first
ten
suits within a month.