Re: Launcher throats

To: rowr <rowr@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Launcher throats
From: Christian Rasmussen <christian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 16:43:25 -0400
Cc: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Roger,

A while back there was a recommendation on moving the thoat to 27" from station
0. (That gives about 28 and some measured down the gunvale from station 0.)

My trailing edge is about 1 /34 inside the gunvale. It really depends on how
much you cut the angle and essentially how much you make it lean forward. The
more you cut (lean forward) the less of gab you get there. I would recommend
against cutting too much, since you make the mouth of the launcher smaller.
Hopefully you will still be able to use this launcher at the 27" mark.?

Maybe Bram can write a FAQ on changes made to the original plans. (Or at least
the plans which most people have) I find it a bit frustrating, having to go
through the email archives to make sure I have not missed anything (or any
changes) Also as email gets less reliable due to virus/spam etc,etc the odds of
missing something important increases. How about it Bram. :)

 A consolidated web page of changes, since the plans/Manual were published.

Thanks,

Christian/USA015