Re: UV protection

To: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: UV protection
From: "Greg Ryan" <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 16:39:24 -0400
Builders should note that Acetone is fairly rough with the skin and in some
cases can carry allergens in through the skin. Resin is soluble in alcohol
and Hardener is water soluble. Partially crosslinked Epoxy is also soluble
in alcohol. Acetone is good for cleaning up tools but use in a ventilated
place. Epoxy on my hands eventually becoming unsticky is a perfect reminder
when a thin film is set. Luckily I am not allergic to epoxy or anything
else, but I did discover poison ivy last week on fireworks day. Americas
answer to Australia's poison snakes and spiders.
Greg