Re: First Regatta Re-schedule

To: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: First Regatta Re-schedule
From: "Mark" <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 10:59:54 -0600
Hey guys,

I also had come to the realization last week that I wasn't going to make it by
Sept. and  made the hard decision to move the boat down 2 notches on the
priority list.  We have 2 seasons here in MT, construction season, and winter.
 My wife Karen and I are living in our motorhome beside our unfinished house
with all our furniture stacked in the great room from moving last month, and
she didn't mind if I worked on the boat in my spare time, because she knew how
important it was to me, pretty good gal I'll give her that.  I'm in the middle
of a large job that will last into august and just took the hull off the
frames.  I was hoping to have a lot of spare time to finish her up about now
but I don't want to do a rush job.  I was really looking forward to meeting all
of you in Michigan, but if I do it wont be with a boat,  but it will be ready
by spring at the latest.  I'll glass the inside of the hull soon and am looking
forward to starting the deck, (I love working with wood).  I found when you
remove the hull from the frames you loose a lot of real-estate in the garage.
I was going to put the finished hull inside the trailer to work on the deck but
it is full of stuff now.  Maybe it would look good in the family room.

as for rescheduling the regatta I'm leaning towards spring.  It would be nice
to at least know which sails go where and how to right the boat before the
first race,

Mark

USA 033