Re: dolly slowdown

To: christian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Aikisu@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: dolly slowdown
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 11:40:00 EDT
Cc: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm not entirely sure that I've read this correctly, however, two thing to
consider.  One: don't bond your carpet to your dolly with epoxy (use  contact
cement) because you'll want to replace it in a few years.  Two: if  you are
cartopping or if you have to carry your cradle any distance, you'll be  glad
that
you kept it light.

On my wish list of things to find time to do is to make a female mold for
cradles / launching dollies and then to have someone make them for sale to
class members.  They could be made about 40% lighter and would save the  down
time
needed in the middle of construction to make the cradle to sit  the hull in
for interior glassing.  This unit (I've already designed it),  would eliminate
the need to buy a Seitec dolly.  For me, stopping to  build the cradle was the
hardest time in the construction process because  I was really excited to
finish the interior of the boat and start the  deck.

Regards,