Fwd: Interested in class

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Fwd: Interested in class
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 11:22:31 EDT
Someday I'll learn to hit the "reply all" icon.  Below is a  response that I
sent to Kent.

Kent,
in my hurry, I forgot to answer your weight  question.  I'm guessing that
Mike Jocelyn (CAN 001) weighs  about 155 lbs and does quite well.  We won't
have
definitive  information on racing weights for some time, however, because of
the open rules  on centerboard and mast bend / sail combinations, I'd expect
the  competitive range to be much broader than the strict one design  classes.
Evidence to support this theory can be found by looking at  the weight
statistics in the 505 class (a class with very similar rules).   Certainly, the
lighter weight mast we are now using has made righting the boat  significantly
easier for light sailors.