A new World 2 day speed record set by Swift Solo USA 013

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: A new World 2 day speed record set by Swift Solo USA 013
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:56:49 EST
Just picked up my new boat from VMG.  Pat and Anita did an incredible
job--it is simply gorgeous.

Because I'm constantly asked "what's the fastest speed recorded on a Swift
Solo, I now have the answer (87 Miles an hour--see picture below).  In
addition to that, this Swift set a new distance speed record by covering  2300
miles
in 51.5 hours.

Actually, I did learn that cartopping the Swift is much easier than I  had
realized.  Prior to this trip from Michigan to Seattle, I had  only cartopped
when I was also pulling my van trailer.  I would recommend  this method to
anyone with a mid to large sized SUV over trailering.  It  allows you to get
the
boat up high -- away from the road grim.  It would be  easy to attach the mast
under either side of the roof rack (you'll need to run a  line from the mast
tip to the front bumper).  The cradle can be carried on  the boat.  The down
side is that you do need someone else to help you get  it on top of the car.
Something to think about.

Bram

JPEG image