GIS

To: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: GIS
From: "Greg Ryan" <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 10:39:12 -0500
Just some collateral information for winterbound and bored skiff builders.
I'm preparing a new website for the NYC Skiff League and I noticed that high
res sat maps have been removed from mapquest. A pitty!!  If you are interested
in having some fun on a cold winter afternoon and have not discovered Googles
Keyhole server, then I recomend it. Its a vast improvement. If this product
keeps developing (integration with GPS data overlays for example) I think, with
Googles resources, its going to be a huge blockbuster. (I better get shares in
Google). You know, if you get tired of looking around the earth for good
sailing spots you can even switch planets and explore Mars, there must be water
up there somewhere!
Greg