Labor Day Regatta/Clinic

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Labor Day Regatta/Clinic
From: "Robert DesMarais" <drrld@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 09:43:00 -0600
Querrying interest on a Labor Day Regatta/Clinic in the center of the country?

Proposal:

I'd be happy to organize something at Greers Ferry Lake - Ozark Mountains -
Arkansas.

The Greers Ferry Lake Yacht club has offered any help we would need.  Race
committee boat, watch boats, beer ...

We are personally 12 miles to the western part of the lake.  This area of the
Recreation Area (Choctaw) has camping facilities, boat launch facilities, and
an open water area of 2 miles by 3/4 of a mile.  We have a 40 x 75 covered
arena that could serve as an area for cookouts or land clinic should rain be an
issue.  Anyone is welcome to camp here or for those flying in, we have a tipi
on the bluff looking down the valley.  You may have to share it with the Native
American Spirits...

The Labor Day Weekend also has a Chuck Wagon Race going on that draws 20,000 +
people with horses for some cowboy games.   www.chuckwagonraces.com

Although many of you east or west coasters or midwesterners have seen what
boating is like on Labor Day, I think you'll be in shock at how empty this lake
is.  It's about 35 miles long, water is clear and there are no homes littering
the waters edge.  Ok, no trailers, this is Arkansas.

Rob

PS  13 strips on the hull, anyone know how many left to go?