Re: Distinguished sail numbers

To: Greg Ryan <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Distinguished sail numbers
From: Robert Harper <rharper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 17:38:52 -0700
Cc: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
What are you going to use to put a rose on your sail? Do they use stickers made by sign companies or what kind of paint do they use that stays but doesn't hurt the sail?

Robert Harper, Fugu "The saltiest skiff in the world!"

Greg Ryan wrote:
Swifties The best way is not to have numbers. Why do you need a number. Doesnt your boat and you deserve some personality or would you think it is better to be like a plastic cookie like a Loser *---- most of which done even have a name.
If Swifts follow the class rules and put a huge logo on their sail people can tell who you are from the shore 200-500 yards away.
That is why skiffs have always had logo IDs on their sails and not generally bothered with numbers. I suggest that boats should be described in all class publications only by their name and skipper and forget about the number. It is only a system to determine how old your boat is and that will not benefit you in a few years unless we can educate the whole world that swifts are so well built they last forever.
Im not putting numbers on my sails even if you protest me. There will be a logo (gee I wonder what it will be) and you will remember it from behind -LOL- So there!!!!!
Greg
Swift Solo -Rose.