Welcome to our new builders Down Under

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Welcome to our new builders Down Under
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 12:08:24 EDT
A big welcome to our new members Patrick Miller of New Zealand and Steve
Nichols of Australia.

>From the time I realized that the Swift Solo class was going to take  off,
dreams of sailing another world championship in Australia have never  left me.
The 505 World Championship in Toronto Australia was  simply the best time I've
ever had (1976--no Greg, we didn't have problems with  the dinosaurs).  In
addition to warm water and great sailing, the Kiwis and  Aussies simply know
how
to have a good time that's hard to match anywhere  else.

A couple of boats isn't a strong presence but most of us realize what
happens when other sailors see Swifts sailing.  Remember, 14 months ago  that
only
two Swifts were sailing.