Hi from new Aussie Swift Solo builder

To: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Hi from new Aussie Swift Solo builder
From: "Steve Nichols" <nic173@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 19:42:52 +1000
Hi,

First of all I should let you guys know that I have been busy reading the email
list since purchasing the plans a week or so ago. I have to say that I have
been very impressed by the quality of the discussions here. Everyone appears
enthusiastic and there is very little juvenile name calling which is good to
see.

I am based in Brisbane, Australia which is a beautiful city that enjoys a sub
tropical climate. I am 41 years old.

My sailing resume is as follows:

In my teenage years I went through the youth classes including crewing a 420
for a couple of years which gave some experience on the wire. I then went on to
the Laser class which I got to National Youth Squad level in. All this was back
in the UK where I was born.
About 6 months ago I got back into the sailing scene and bought a 59er which is
a non trapeze 2 man skiff designed by the Bethwaites. The details can be found
on www.bethwaite.com . It has almost identical sail area and beam as the Swift.
I love sailing it but after my laser sailing days the hassles of finding a crew
was not something I was prepared for. I stumbled onto the Swift Solo website
and I have been really impressed by the boat and the dedication of the members.

My boat building resume is as follows:

nil!

This leads to my first question to everyone. Can I obtain computer files for
the templates so that I can get them CNC cut over here? I have seen some old
correspondence here about the issue here but there didn't seem to be a
definitive answer. I see there was some debate about using these files to
manipulate tolerances. My only motivation is to make my life as a builder
easier!

Cheers,

Steve Nichols