Re: Boats and racing

To: bergantz95118@xxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Boats and racing
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 16:20:26 EDT
Brian,

I'm glad you posted this on the server and appreciate your time.  I've
received a couple of others sent directly to me voicing similar  opinions.

This discussion has been really helpful in sorting out what is  important to
our members.  Your question "what problem are you trying to  solve" is a good
one and might be less tactfully stated "if it ain't broke don't  fix it".  All
of those who have responded have helped make clear the  direction we need to
go--it is the direction we have been going all along.
Thanks to input from all of you, I've been persuaded to  stand squarely
against alternative hull core materials.  I hope the  executive committee,
including Roger, will stand with me on this.

When I actually think about it, Mikes boat (001) and 002 have shown the
toughness of cedar core.  Both boats look awesome compared to standard
composite
boats of the same age. It takes some doing to put a  ding in a Swift.

Time is truly on our side.  The market is becoming  better educated about
both our construction methods and the speed and  tactical maneuverability of
the
Swift compared to the other single handed  skiffs.

With the continued help of our class members and the exposure we'll get  over
the next year, we are on the cusp of becoming a significant force in  skiff
sailing.

Thanks again, Brian and all of you for shedding light on this issue.