Fwd: Fatigue Tests Underway

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Fwd: Fatigue Tests Underway
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 14:19:51 EDT
--- Begin Message ---
To: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Subject: Fatigue Tests Underway
From: WBertelsen@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 13:38:14 EDT
Full-name: WBertelsen
Hi, Bram, Believe it or not, I am finally putting pressure cycles on the 49er
panel.  I am currently running at 0.5 Hz with a 5.0 psi peak load on Panel
#2.  It should reach 10,000 cycles around 3:00 PM this afternoon.  It is
holding
up OK so far.  The peak deflection is about 0.16 inches.  The peak force
corresponding to the 5 psi peak pressure is only 310 pounds.  Since the
required
force is so low, I had to experiment with the gain settings for a while to get
it to hit the peaks, but it's working now.

I will run 10,000 cycles on the other three panels at the same peak load
before increasing the load for the next block of cycles on Panel #2.  Hope you
have a good July 4th holiday.

Regards,

Bill B.

--- End Message ---