Transom Bar - Carbon Tape

To: warren@xxxxxxxxxxxx, "Rob DesMarais, D.C." <drrld@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Transom Bar - Carbon Tape
From: "Robert DesMarais" <drrld@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 08:32:39 -0500
Cc: warren@xxxxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks Warren,

Bram said not to overlap the carbon and not to use the glass on it.  I was
trying to avoid the overlapping for the reason you mentioned but didn't want
to compromise strength.

Another question:  All I have is 1 1/2" carbon tape.  Manual calls for 2"!
Do I go 2 strips to make 3" or is 1.5 enough?  I'm looking at finishing the
bulkheads and down the inside of the hull?  Any pros/cons of putting a
carbon strip down the chine?

Rob

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 21:51:48 -0700, Warren Stevens wrote