SOLOCOCOLOCO unscathed !!!

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: SOLOCOCOLOCO unscathed !!!
From: Romeisle@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 18:18:30 EDT
Hey Gents,  I tied  my Swift Solo, on its open  trailer  to my deck pads on
the side yard( south exposure) , where there are no  trees or any forseable
dangers,  parked my van just east of it and hoped  for the best.  But Dennis
was
not to be fooled ,  even though we were  a good seventy five miles to the east
 from the eye , we still felt a  consistent 60 knts and some 90 knts gusts.
At around 2 am my neighbor to the  south lost his front porch , and the roof 20
X 20' proped up against their  house,  like a visor on a cap  in a blow, all
night long. I kept a  vigil  because although there is a good 80'between the
houses it looked  very dangerous and the SOLOCOCOLOCO was vulnerable, I knew
that as Dennis would  make its way north  and the winds would clock from E to S
and eventually W.  Sure enough at 6 am the damn roof section , made out of
alum foam composite  landed smack on the van denting the roof  and side and
then
sliding right  on the skiff, I was asleep at that time and my neighbor called
and alerted us ,  I went out there with a sawsall and cut the danm roof
section loose since it had  wedged itself between the van and the skiff, I
managed
to cut it down the middle  and  and backed the van enough so it would lie down
on the ground , and  then drove the van on top of it so it lie still . later
when the wind died down  to about 30 knts  I went back to inspect the damage,
expecting the worst,  the van is dented and scratched , but the SOLOCOCOLOCO
doesn't even have a  scratch only the cover has a bit of worn spot , but   not
even a tear. That  is one tough boat after all the beatings I have given it and
a hurricane to boot  its still looks as beautifull as the day I finished her,
although I have noticed  a bit of fading in the color of the dark strips
from the tropical sun .  See you all soon . PEPE,  SOLOCOCOLOCO USA  55