Re: spin set-up

To: Aikisu@xxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: spin set-up
From: "Robert Harper" <rharper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 13:55:04 -0600
This would depend on personal preference and the direction you round the marks. On my boat I have found that it is easier to dowse to windward. Since most of the roundings where I sail are to port, I usually set the spinnaker on the port of the boat. I then try to hit the leward mark on port tack and pull the spinnaker to windward of the jib. This may also help keep the spinnaker out of the water a bit. I think that either way you should be OK as long as you make sure that the belly cord is outside of everything.

Consult your video from De Soto and follow what Bram told us about rigging. As usual he is the god of Swifts and if you do it his way, you will spend more time sailing and less time running back to the beach to re-rig.

Send us some photo's.

I tried to go out this week-end but the 5-40 knot gusts told me that getting out of the marina to get out to where it was a steady 15-20 were too dangerous. Sadly sometimes it is better to not go and live to fight another day.