Re: spin set-up

To: Aikisu@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: spin set-up
From: Christian Rasmussen <Christian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 15:56:47 -0400
Cc: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Ken,

The "tack" is the corner of the kite that is attached to the spinaker pole. The "clew" is what is attached
to the sheet. The edge in between is the "foot" You want to mark the tack and the clew, since if you
switch those, you wont be able to hoist the kite correctly. The length between the "head" (the top of the kite)
to the "tack" is longer than the length from the head to the clew. If you need a picture, check this document <http://www.quantumsails.com/pdf/asymmetrical%20trim%20guide.pdf>

In your other question I think, you are talking about the spinaker halyard, and not sheet. The way I do it is
to go under the foot and on the outside, when the kite is on the starboard side. On port it would be before (inside)
of the kite foot. Hope that makes sense. If I misunderstood, let me know.

Christian

Aikisu@xxxxxxx wrote:

To any and all,
Hi,I'm almost ready to launch.
The color white at the foot of our kite, is it tack or clew. I want to mark it. The lacing of the spin sheet had it working better on the starboard side of the jibb stay for stuffing. Is port the preferred side for dousing. Why? If so I'll have to reverse my pattern of lacing thru the kite patches.
028
Ken
Rigging is done.
I still have blades to do.