Re: cb trunk const

To: "Mark White" <Mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: cb trunk const
From: "Greg Ryan" <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 20:49:30 -0400
Mark, the CB trunk and mast support are made in one piece as Bill describes.
One tip I can think of that Bill didnt add, is to leave the lid off the mast
support structure untill you are fitting the deck. You then have the ability to
nibble at the height of the structure, if need be, for a perfect fit to the
deck. If the top is already glued on the structure you cant do that. When you
see the plans you will see what I'm talking about.
Regards Greg

PS
As for the mast step itself, NYC Skiffs makes them and they will be on the new
NYCS web site that should be up and running next week. But certainly anyone who
is on a mission to make the "whole" boat themselves could make one fairly
easily. It is corosion resistant 1/8th thick 6061-T6 temper alloy, as a 1 inch
X 3/4 inch U shaped track, drilled, sanded and then hard annodised. We have
them in stock but just let me know if where possible you really want to make
your own parts and I can supply you with the drilling pattern we use.