Fort Desoto Regatta BOOK NOW!

To: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Fort Desoto Regatta BOOK NOW!
From: "Greg Ryan" <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 18:20:45 -0500
Hello All,

The dates for the National Championships were confirmed a few hours ago. Bram
has spoken to the DeSoto rangers and we have been invited to the park again
April 14th to 23rd 2006.

The schedule is for registration and site setup on Friday April 14th
SwiftSolo Training Clinic 14th -17th (all are encouraged to attend, expert or
not)
Measurement of hulls will be concurrent with the clinic.
Swiftsolo Nationals will be held from Tuesday 18th to 22nd.
Sunday 23rd will be an optional training day for those not decamping.

The exciting news is that the Park's head ranger has given permission for the
regatta venue to be shifted a little from last years venue, east  towards the
turkey/raccoon bowl rotunda. This gives the regatta site immediate access to
the parking, rotunda, on-the-beach showers, bathrooms, kiosk and race viewing
on the small jetty.  The races will be held right off the regatta beach and
that also keeps us in clear water and away from the commercial channels.  We
think this will be an improvement on an already great regatta site.

The park is a great family venue and has good sites for camping either with
RV's or tents. The Park URL for online booking is --

 http://pubtitlet.co.pinellas.fl.us/parkspub/ParksMain.jsp

It is not necessary to register for the regatta immediately but a Regatta
registration and release form will be available shortly on the front page of
the Class Web server  http://swiftsolo.org

HOWEVER,

<<<IT IS IMPORTANT TO RESERVE A CAMPING SITE WITHOUT DELAY>>>

There are at present about 60 sites available for the whole block of time we
will be there at the regatta. They will get used up fast if you don't move to
secure a site for yourself you may be sleeping in the boat.

Greg Ryan
Class President.
Attached:- NOR