Re: Caution with Longboards

To: f.schliebitz@xxxxxx
Subject: Re: Caution with Longboards
From: WFS03@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 20:26:36 EST
Cc: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Felix,
I am happy to have had the opportunity to finish USA020.  The long  boards
that you and Tom made came in handy when completing the deck.  I  bought one of
the 3M sponge sanding blocks from Jamestown Distributors and have  found it
invaluable, although expensive to use with the adhesive-back 3M sand  paper.
As
an added suggestion, autoparts distributors have the wet-sanding  papers for
the fine stuff, up to 2000 grit.  I worked all the way up to the  2000 grit on
the Epifanes 2-part poly used on the topsides and foils.

Hopefully, we will have a chance to meet so that you can see the finished
USA020 and sail her.  The next time you are in the states, look me  up.

Bill Scheumann
USA020 and USA040

JPEG image