Re: Caution with Longboards

To: <WFS03@xxxxxxx>,<f.schliebitz@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Caution with Longboards
From: "Greg Ryan" <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 00:29:53 -0500
Cc: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  From: WFS03@xxxxxxx
  To: f.schliebitz@xxxxxx
  Cc: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 8:26 PM

  Felix,
  I am happy to have had the opportunity to finish USA020.  The long boards
that you and Tom made came in handy when completing the deck.  I bought one of
the 3M sponge sanding blocks from Jamestown Distributors and have found it
invaluable, although expensive to use with the adhesive-back 3M sand paper.  As
an added suggestion, autoparts distributors have the wet-sanding papers for the
fine stuff, up to 2000 grit.  I worked all the way up to the 2000 grit on the
Epifanes 2-part poly used on the topsides and foils.

  Hopefully, we will have a chance to meet so that you can see the finished
USA020 and sail her.  The next time you are in the states, look me up.

  Bill Scheumann
  USA020 and USA040