Carbon fiber shortage?

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Carbon fiber shortage?
From: Stefan Elvstad <stefan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 13:50:35 -0800
When I stumbled across the Swift Solo article in Wooden Boat Magazine, it was love at first sight, and I will just have to build one. My work plan includes first building the workshop and a small project to get a feel for the strip building process, and hopefully make the bigger mistakes on something less significant than the Swift Solo. So, it will take another couple of months before I will be ready to start on the Swift. Meanwhile, I have truly enjoyed monitoring the emails coming through on the email list.

When planning my trainer project, I discovered that the sources for carbon fiber express problems with a global shortage of carbon fiber and seem pretty discouraging about their ability to deliver. Is this something you have had to deal with in the past, and does anyone have any suggestion as to if and how we can get around the problem?

Stefan Elvstad

begin:vcard
fn:Stefan Elvstad
n:Elvstad;Stefan
org:asbe LLC
adr:P.O. Box 2277;;7056 Portal Way R6, Ferndale, WA;Blaine;WA;98231-2277;USA
email;internet:stefan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:principal
tel;work:+1.206.347.6073, +1.360.366.3846
tel;fax:+1.951.344.0491
tel;home:+1.360.933.4176
tel;cell:+1.360.927.7622
note;quoted-printable:Skype id: selvstad=0D=0A=

x-mozilla-html:TRUE
version:2.1
end:vcard