Welcome our newest member

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Welcome our newest member
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 23:23:58 EST
Help me welcome our newest member, David Kerr USA 075 (he is our  76th).
David and a friend will be building a couple of Swifts in the Salt  Lake City
area. (Robert--a chance to get three on the water there).

The high level of excitement and rapid growth in our class has led to a
number of discussions about class growth.  I've come to realize that  we've
stumbled onto something special (besides a great boat).  Sailors are  watching
us
and when they see the high level of volunteerism and support among  our members
they realize that the level of commitment in our class is second to  no other
class.  Because the majority of our members have built their own  boats, we
have a foundation of achievers that subscribe to the "make it happen"  theory
(as opposed to "let it happen").  Your continued help with support  when I'm
not
available is evidence of the bonds that are formed by  helping one another
through the process of building and sailing  Swifts.

The shortage of Swifts available for sale will need to be addressed fairly
soon and we need to discuss some options at our general membership meeting in
April.  As fleets begin to form, the demand is likely to grow  quickly.  Kris
Henderson is helping in Seattle but it is unlikely that he  will find time to
build more than three or four a year.  Ideas to  improve availability are
welcome and will be presented at the meeting.

Thanks to all of you for your help and support.  You've made the  entire
Swift Solo experience exceed what I dreamed it could be.   With your continued
help, we will see exponential growth over the next  several years.